… just got to read these two gems earlier today:
- Former Top NSA Officials Insist Employees Are Leaving Because Obama Is Mean, Not Because They Object To NSA’s Current Activities
- NSA Sent Home Talking Points for Employees to Use in Conversations with Family & Friends During Holidays
But the part about
Why are you spying on Grandma?
struck me as odd. Shouldn’t that be the
Why are you spying on the Grandma of my friend abroad in
Anyway, I wonder how they still try to sugarcoat those matters when it’s become clear that the NSA is basically a StaSi with:
- more sophisticated technology and more computing power
- world-wide scope – of course minus the precious homeland, if you believe those that lied so many times before
- the disguise of defending a democracy that has strong totalitarian tendencies
… well, I’m sorry but I have to run and therefore the list remains unfinished.
Maybe, after all, the Cold War didn’t end the way it looked. Maybe the worst remnants survived? …