Unpleasant surprise

OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 was released recently. Now I do not normally rush to upgrades but instead have my own system of keeping a clean copy for the worst case scenario. It was time again to update my “clean” image of the system, so I decided why not also give OOo 3.0.1 a try. Sadly, the installation fails, complaining about an older installed version.

Only after trying further, I noticed that the problem was not that I had a too old version of OOo or so. The problem was that I had installed the version with the JRE, while I was trying to upgrade with the version without JRE. A little hint from the program would have been nice, though …

// Oliver

This entry was posted in EN, Software. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.